This program is licensed under the Private Career Colleges Act.
The International Institute of Travel offers a standard Travel and Tourism Diploma program. This course is specially designed both for newcomers without travel industry experience and for persons already working in the field, who may need training in other sectors. Certificate programs are also available for those seeking training for specific functions in the travel industry.
All of the following 5 course modules are covered in the Travel & Tourism E-Learning Diploma program. Certificates are also available for individual modules.
- Airline Tariffs and Ticketing: Training is given in the correct manner of completing out airline reservations, calculating fares, and using airline industry handbooks. Included in the course are: North American OAG, Normal Fares, Special Fares, Excursion Fares, Issuing Tickets, Conjunction Tickets, and Ticketing Rules and procedures.
- Travel Agency Operations: A broadly-based practical course is offered which includes the following topics: Travel Documentation, Air Charters, Train and Bus Fundamentals, Car Rentals, Hotel and Resort Fundamentals, Package Tours and Travel Insurance. Emphasis is placed on the making of reservations, handling bookings, price calculations, and the use of timetables, travel guides, brochures and various industry handbooks.
- World Destinations: This is a study of topography, population, climate, culture and major tourist attractions in countries and areas worldwide, including North, Central and South America, Asia, Europe, Africa, the Caribbean, Australia and Oceania.
- Computer Reservation Training: A study of different computer reservation systems, this is a complete overview of the reservation system through approximate 20 instructional lessons, SABRE, APPOLO, AMADEUS (choice of one).
- Sales & Marketing: A course in effective marketing and sales techniques with specific reference to the Travel Industry, and developing the following aspects: the creation of a regular clientele, handling of sales objections, improvement in productivity, promotion, advertising, closing sales, professionalism in selling and effective marketing techniques.
|Travel & Tourism Diploma||26 Weeks|